If you are thinking about different options for landscaping and gardening, you should consider an artificial lawn. It might seem like an odd choice, but a garden that requires no maintenance could be very beneficial to you. You could also save a considerable amount of money in the long run. There are a lot of expenses you might not have even considered that are associated with a lawn. Whenever you water your lawn, you are spending on money on your lawn. Mowing your lawn or paying landscapers costs money. If you want your lawn to look its best, you need to fertilise it multiple times a year, which also costs money. Furthermore, the pests that love your natural grass can get into your house, which will cost you even more money.
Instead of paying all of the cost for natural grass, you should consider artificial grass suppliers in Hertfordshire.
- Artificial grass has made incredible strides since its introduction. At first, it was more like a carpet rolled out over concrete.
- Newer artificial grass is made from tiny blades that are designed to look and feel just like natural grass.
- The blades are woven into a backing much like a rug.
- The ground under the artificial grass is levelled and sealed with sand and roadstones.
- The grass is then laid down and a layer of kiln-dried sand is applied.
The feel of newer artificial lawns is far superior to older artificial lawns. That is because the ground is prepared with care to still be the natural layer of earth below grass. Instead of concrete, there are stones and sand as the base. Then, sand is applied over the top of the grass. All of which creates a more natural feel.