Preventative roof maintenance greatly reduces the likelihood of a serious roof repair, and for most UK homeowners, an annual roof inspection is the preferred way to go about maintaining the roof. Calling in your local roofing services in Calne will ensure that any minor repairs are carried out promptly, and a typical roof inspection would include the following:
- Roof tile inspection – Replacing any missing or broken tiles.
- Cleaning out the guttering – This will ensure that excess rainwater is channelled away.
- Chimney Inspection – As the chimney is above the roof line, it is easily damaged by flying debris in gale force winds. Also the mortar pointing can quickly be eroded by bad weather.
- Fascia and Soffit – These are typically made from timber, which is painted or stained.
- Flashing – This seals different materials that come together at various locations on the roof.
Table of Contents
It is common for a roof to suffer damage during a heavy storm, so you should inspect the roof after a bout of stormy weather, and should you spot anything untoward, call in your local roofing contractor to make prompt repairs. Major damage can occur when a roofing issue is not immediately addressed, and should you notice damp patches on the upstairs ceilings, this is a sure sign that rainwater is getting into the internal roof structure.
Giving your roof a comprehensive inspection cannot be carried out from the ground, and if you are at all uncomfortable climbing a ladder, you should enlist the help of a local roofing company, who would be happy to inspect the roof and give you a detailed report on the roof condition.