Solar energy is the cleanest form among all the energies produced through the sun. It is candidly the combination of light and heat, converted into thermal energy to generate electricity. Solar radiations are also called electromagnetic radiation emitted by the sun. Power is that source of energy without which people can not even imagine a day. But, in the urban areas, most people take solar system installation for granted.
Meanwhile, in rural areas, people spend nights and days without light, and this is not because of the shortage of power over the earth, it is because the urbaner are consuming more than requires, or say wasting the kilowatts, as well as it results in an expensive electricity bill too. That’s when the need for energy-saving and an economical energy alternator arises. It has become a global problem, and to the rescue, solar technology came in attention.
How does Solar Technology work?
For the solar system installation, you first need to implant photovoltaic cells or solar panels on the rooftop of the building facing the sun, make sure that the maximum amount of sunlight hits the panels or cells. Each panel is layered by silicon, metal wires, and a glass casing. When the sunlight hits the panel, it energies the wafer and thumps the electron to leave its atom-shell. The motion of the electrons creates the electrical current. However, the electricity generated is the direct current(DC), but for home automation, you need alternate current(AC). The conversion of DC to AC occurs through a device called an inverter, attached behind the panels. That is is all you need for it.
However, this is a one-time investment. Therefore it might cost you a little extra initially.
Seven reasons why you should use solar power
- It is an eco-friendly method and reduces carbon footprints.
- The traditional methods rely on fossil fuels, which causes pollution such as air pollution and water pollution, which is harmful to the environment.
- Solar power is self competent and doesn’t require anything than natural heat that is sunlight.
- It also gives energy security, which means the unused energy will be stored in the panels, and you are allowed to consume at your convenience.
- Solar installation efficiently works in rural areas and the areas with the locality.
- It is a free source of energy that one can ever use. Therefore it is cost-efficient compared to other sources.
- The solar installation is now a sector in the energy department, which has to lead to creating employment and has contributed to the economic growth of the country.
The installation for the solar system is an inexhaustible fuel source and pollution-free method which captures the radiations and transforms it into a useful form of energy. It requires minimum maintenance over the year.