Plumbing problems take on a new dimension when they become an emergency. Hopefully, you can avoid this type of event by having your pipes and drains regularly inspected. Nevertheless, it is good to know a plumber who offers emergency services, if needed.
Common Plumbing Emergencies
Some of the common emergencies that Berkshire plumbers handle include the following:
- Clogged sinks. A slow drain can indeed by annoying. You need to consider this issue an emergency if your water flow completely stops.
- Clogged toilets. If your toilet is clogged, it may be leaking or will not flush. Because this fixture is used daily, you need to call out a plumber right away. Any unresolved problems can lead to sewage backups or major leaks.
- Blocked shower drains or bathtubs. Usually, when the drains of showers or bathtubs become clogged, it is because of a build-up of scum or hair. Therefore, it is important to put a filter over the drain to keep this from happening.
- A leaky water heater. You need to have a leak fixed immediately, as it can lead to property damage or the development of mould. The problem may be connected to a defective valve or the water heater may be rusted.
- Leaky taps. If you hear a recurring drip from your tap, you should consider it an emergency. The continual dripping can lead to an expensive water bill.
While it is best to have your drains and pipes inspected on a routine basis, plumbing emergencies still happen. That is why you should use the services of a plumber that handles both routine calls and emergencies.