There are many types of flooring available in Australia, but one of them has stood the test of time, and still remains as popular now, as it always has. This particular floor covering is vinyl and it is the popular choice for many rooms in the house. It comes in sheets, planks and tiles and is now available in a vast number of colours, patterns and styles. Many people purchase this particular floor covering out of pure habit and never really stop to think about the many advantages that it offers. We will look at some of them here today.
- Durable – Vinyl flooring has and always will be very durable and long lasting. It is a great choice for homes who have kids who like to run around and play, with the strangest of things. With the minimum of maintenance, this type of flooring keeps it looks, long after it has been put down. It is incredibly resistant to stains and if it is installed properly by a competent fitter, then it is going to last you a very long time.
- So Many Options – There are so many options available, with vinyl, regarding colours and designs. If you are looking for vinyl flooring on the Sunshine Coast, you will see almost any pattern available and most colours to suit most tastes. You can purchase vinyl that looks like alternative floor coverings, and fools a lot of the people, a lot of the time. You can get the wood look and the tile look, where from a distance, it is almost impossible to tell the difference. You can get different textures like non-slip, and you can get it in sheets or tiles, depending on the look that you want to create.
- Easy To Clean – It is incredibly easy to keep clean and is also considered incredibly hygienic. The vinyl covering is very resistant to water and most natural liquids you would find in the home, and it doesn’t stain easily. Keeping the floor clean is a breeze as most household cleaners can be used on its’ surface, without damaging it. Unlike tiles, there are no crevices for germs to hide, and so the floor can be kept immaculately clean. It is also ideal for people with allergies.
- Easy To fit – If you decide to fit it yourself, then it can be installed fairly easily, especially since it is available in tiles and planks. Most of these come with a peel and stick back, so it makes it quite easy for homeowners to install. However, when in sheet form, you only get one chance to get it right, so we would suggest you get a competent specialist for this.
- The Cheaper Option – When you compare vinyl to other floor coverings, it is really economical to purchase. You can get it in a style that looks like other floor coverings for a fraction of the price, and it is really difficult to tell the difference, unless you get down on your hands and knees. It is durable and lasts longer, and can take a lot of foot traffic, without fading.
When you compare it to other floor coverings, it comes out on top every time for durability and affordability. You really can’t go wrong with this type of flooring.